This last few years has been a challenge for our family. While things continue to be less than perfect, I can honestly say that I’ve never been happier. Since it’s Thanksgiving today, I want to share the things I am most thankful for this year. I want to look back at this post next year and remember how things are at this very moment.
Today, I am thankful for:
- My home – So many people in our area are not in their homes this year, or don’t have homes left, due to the flooding. My parents are still living with us until their home is repaired. I’m thankful to have had a home to welcome them into when they needed it.
- Our children – I know this one goes without saying. Our children (ALL of them) make me smile and cry and happy and annoyed and fully alive and loved every single day. Thank you, my loves!
- My husband – Though we have not ever had a placid relationship, we have always had a deep passionate love and respect for one another. Now that we’ve been together almost 6 years, we know one another at our best… and at our worst… and we’re still as madly in love as ever. I’m incredibly grateful for that.
- Our jobs – SO many people in our lives are without work this year. It breaks my heart to see how much they struggle, and it also makes me doubly thankful that we are both employed this year.
- My family (chosen and biological) – I am so grateful to have an abundance of amazing people in my life who love me and give me so much support and joy.
- Coupons – I know it sounds silly, but I’m so very grateful for coupons. They have helped me provide my family with so much more than our budget would have otherwise allowed during the lean months of the last couple of years.
- This Blog and all of you who read it – It makes me feel like I have an invisible army of support out there, knowing that you’re reading my babble and keeping me company. Just having the ability to reach out, virtually, and connect with so many people every day is something that I will always be grateful for.
What are you grateful for? You don’t have to answer in the comments. Just take a moment to reflect, and smile at all of the things you really do have to be grateful for.