Are you planning a Priceless Valentine’s Day? Focusing on the memories instead of the buying spree? I am!
For Valentine’s Day last year, my hubby and I had a very romantic picnic in our bedroom floor. I surprised him with a Mix Tape (ok, iTunes playlist… but still). Instead of just pulling out all of the romantic standby songs, I chronicled our relationship through music. Each of the songs combined to tell the story of where we started, how we grew, and where we were now (or then).
This year, I’m coming up with a new theme. Since my Super Sneaky Hubby reads my blog, I can’t tell you about this year’s gift until after Valentine’s Day. But my point is … you CAN do the “same old thing” and add a new twist to keep it fresh. That’s the wonderful thing about tradition!
Our tradition is going to be the picnic alone in our bedroom. The music will change. The food will change. The candle scents, the conversations, the tone of the evening may change. But the delight in one another’s company won’t change. The secret smiles and laughs won’t change. THAT is what it’s all about J
/end sappy schmappy gushing
So, in honor of the Hallmark Holiday .. er.. Valentine’s Day… here are some of my favorite songs to get your creative juices (and mine) flowing.
- I Will Always Love You – Dolly Parton (yes Whitney did a great job… but Dolly made me cry)
- At Last – Etta James
- Amazed – Lonestar
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Always – Bon Jovi
- You’re The First, The Last, My Everything – Barry White
- Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face – Roberta Flack
- Everything I Do, I Do It For You – Bryan Adams (ooooh the high school memories this brings back)
- Don’t Take The Girl – Tim McGraw (See the review I wrote about the book he wrote for his daughter)
- I Do – Paul Brandt
- I Love The Way You Love Me – John Michael Montgomery
- Can’t Help Falling In Love With You– Elvis Presley
- From This Moment – Shania Twain
- If You Ever Leave Me – Barbra Streisand (duet w/ Vince Gill)
What are your favorite Mix Tape additions? I need some more ideas J